Optimized weapons that are not currently held in hand, increasing the frame rate.
Smokes and flames from the vehicles have been optimized to reduce frame rate hitches.
Fixed an issue where frame rate hitches would occur when environment effects are created.COMPLETE
LOADINGLevel streaming has been enhanced to increase the loading speed of levels.COMPLETE
SERVERAdjusting Replication Rate
Server performance has been improved by adjusting replication rate according to the distance from the player.
Previously, replication for all visible characters in sight were refreshed every frame. Now, replication rate differs according to distance from the player.COMPLETE
NET CODEOverall network codes has been adjusted to increase server performance.COMPLETE
DECREASE IN CHEATER RATIOSuspected Cheater Ratio
The ratio of players who have been reported more than 5 times for cheating has greatly decreased since Q1 of this year.
Improvements Since March
This ratio started out as 0.43% in March, 2018, and peaked to 0.62%. Following a series of bans and augmented anti-cheat efforts, this ratio has recently decreased to 0.10%.
It's Not Over
We plan to continue enforcing aggresive anti-cheat initiatives to further bring down this ratio.COMPLETE
H/W BASED BANSImplemented a policy to collect H/W information of proven cheating program users to block game access for pertaining H/W.COMPLETE
BUG FIX & QUALITY OF LIFE ISSUES
ADS FIXFixed the “ADS bug” that causes ADS to cancel when shooting on uneven ground / falling a tiny distance (or seemingly at random).COMPLETE
LIMB PENETRATIONImplemented limb penetration (forearms no longer block headshot or torso damage).COMPLETE
FPP VEHICLE SOUNDSSlightly reduced vehicle sounds in FPP for players traveling inside them.COMPLETE
DROP MECHANISMItem drop mechanisms have been improved.
- Quantity can now be adjusted using a slider.
- Alt key + left mouse button immediately drops the item.
- Alt key + right mouse button now drops half the quantity.COMPLETE
TEAMMATE MUTEPlayers may now selectively mute a teammate's voice.COMPLETE
COLORBLIND MODEColorblind usability settings have been improved.
- Scope color, reticle color changes according to the selected colorblind type.
- Bloor color, supply crate's smoke color also changes according to the selected colorblind type.
- Markers placed on maps are now numbered, so color is no longer the only way to distinguish them.
MAXIMUM FRAME RATE
Added an option to set maximum frame rate.
- Maximum lobby FPS: Unlimited | 30 | 60
- Maximum in-game FPS: Unlimited + Smooth Off | Unlimited + Smooth On | Display Based | Custom
GRAPHICS SHARPENINGSharpening option has been added under Graphics settings.
- "Enhance sharpness" option can now be turned On/Off, independently of post-processing options.COMPLETE
XBOX ROAD TO 1.0
CRASH RATE REDUCEDFixed memory leakage and optimized memory usage to minimize crashes.
We also analyzed various crash points and resolved the issues to bring down the crash rate to less than 2%.COMPLETE
CRITICAL MOMENT PERFORMANCE
- We optimized the performance of Xbox PUBG during certain critical gameplay moments (multiple players falling into the same region, directly skydiving into a big city, zoning into a smaller area as the bluezone closes in, and various close-ranged combat situations).
- Optimized character movement, invisible characters and vehicles, invisible effects, freefall and parachute motions, vehicles, and level streaming for these critical moments.
- Reduced network delay as well to enhance performance.